Founders Roundtable, which started in 2017, is a highly acclaimed program of Invotech, designed to help early stage (Pre-A) startup founders safely tackle their toughest problems one by one with collective wisdom.
How does it work?
Every Founders Roundtable cohort admits up to 10 founders. In each meeting, one participating founder will post one stumbling block (problem) he or she needs help on. Other founders can raise related questions. All will join forces to work out the solution(s) starting with "If I were you, I would". Each time one investor will be invited as guest to join in. All participants sign a NDA. Founders Roundtable takes place one or two times every month, typically over lunch hours at a convenient co-working place, until each participating founder receives at least one turn to post his or her problem.
Invited investors for the 2019 cohort include:
1) Allen Yeung, former Government CIO, HKSAR and cofounder of HKBAN
2) Andy Lee of AngelVest
3) Anthony Woo of Alpha Intelligence Capital
4) Daniel Jim of FinEX Asia (formerly Tripod Management)
5) Derek Kwik of BraveSoldier Ventures (Asia)
6) Dominic Chan of Dark Horse Investment
7) Furuzonfar Zehni of Fresco Capital
8) Ivan Shum of Angels Investment Foundation
9) Kelly Tang of Hong Kong X Technology Fund
10) Louis Lo of Beyond Ventures
11) Johnny Hon of Global Group
12) Nio Liyanage of Elementz Ventures
13) Pokman Yiu of Royal Fund Management
14) Sal Ismail of Mount Parker Ventures
What's the program fee?
The joining fee is HK$20,000. It covers light meal or refreshment in addition to venue cost. Interested parties can apply for scholarships of up to 80% of the program fee, which will be awarded based on the applicant's industry, stage of business, their goals of joining the program and their likely contribution. To learn more or to apply to Founders Roundtable 2020 and the scholarship, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.